Biotech Boot Camp | Hands-On Training Program
Get started on the path to a rewarding, future-proof career in biotechnology – a fast-growing field with exciting therapeutic breakthroughs – with the Biotech Boot Camp.
This two-week intensive program at URI’s world-class Pharmaceutical Development Institute will teach the technical skills employers are looking for:
- Quality control systems
- Measurement & data collection
- Troubleshooting and report writing
- Customer service
- Verbal & written communications skills
- and more
You’ll have the chance to learn face-to-face, ask questions, and practice skills hands-on in a state-of-the-art laboratory setting.
- Rapidly growing field with constant breakthroughs.
- Nearly 500 bioscience companies in RI & the need for skilled professionals is rising.
- Entry level salaries range from $37-40k, with an average annual wage of $92,000.
- Learn sought-after skills and gain a competitive advantage.
- Open doors to a good, family-sustaining career.
- Make connections to employers looking for talent in STEM fields.
- Resume, Interview and Career Coaching from SkillsRI Career Services staff.
- Job Search Assistance from SkillsRI Recruiters.
- Rhode Island Resident
- Unemployed or Underemployed
- Must be at least 18 years old at the start of the program.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Intermediate Math Skills
- Desire to return to work in a new & exciting career pathway.
- Ability to commit to 2 weeks of in-person training in Kingston, RI (transportation not provided)
- Able to pass pre-employment industry-standard Drug and Background Checks