Growing Futures Boot Camp - Rhode Island Nursery And Landscape Association (RINLA)
Explore a wide world of employment opportunities in Rhode Island’s green industry!
Next Enrollment: August 30, 2021
- Hours: 40 hours (1 week)
- Pay: $450 stipend
- Delivery mode: Paid, in-person, hands-on
- Where: Arcadia Management Area, Hope Valley, RI
Participate in work projects on Rhode Island’s public lands, gaining exposure to skills and topics essential to success in green industry jobs and careers.
Program participants will work for a week in the Arcadia Management Area under the supervision of RINLA staff learning and doing meaningful work to repair and restore public lands including trail restoration, fire road clearing, tree and shrub pruning, and other entry-level forestry and horticulture work.
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of completion and job placement assistance including the following:
- Invitation to a resume-writing workshop
- Access to RINLA’s members-only job board for nearly 600 member companies
- Exclusive access to RINLA-member job fairs this summer
Learning topics include:
- Public land restoration and maintenance
- Tool use and safety
- Workplace safety training
- Introduction to green industries and employment opportunities
Potential employment opportunities available:
- Arborist/tree care
- Garden centers
- Landscape construction and maintenance
- And more!
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.