Growing Futures Masonry & Tree Care Boot Camp - RI Nursery And Landscape Association (RINLA)
Explore a wide world of employment opportunities in Rhode Island’s green industry!
- Hours: 24 hours (3 days)
- Pay: $300 stipend
- Delivery mode: Paid, in-person, hands-on
- Where: Arcadia Management Area, Hope Valley, RI
Program participants will work for three days in the Arcadia Management Area under the supervision of staff from the RI Nursery and Landscape Association, learning and doing meaningful work to repair and restore public lands including trail restoration, fire road clearing, tree and shrub pruning, and other entry-level forestry and landscape maintenance work.
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of completion and job placement assistance including the following:
- Invitation to a resume-writing workshop
- Access to RINLA’s members-only job board for nearly 600 member companies
- Exclusive access to an invitation-only Job Fair the week after the program including introductory interviews with employers committed to hiring Boot Camp graduates
Learning topics include:
- Public land restoration and maintenance
- Tool use and safety
- Workplace safety training
- Introduction to stone masonry work and tree care industries and employment opportunities
Potential employment opportunities available:
- Arborist/tree care
- Landscape construction and maintenance
- Stone masonry
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.