Pharmacy Technician Training Program in Rhode Island
FREE 16-week training program in pharmacy fundamentals to become a nationally certified pharmacy technician.
The pharmacy technician training program introduces students to various pharmacy practice settings and covers drug classes, basic physiology, drug interactions, and daily pharmacy operations. This program trains individuals to effectively assist in pharmaceutical preparations and complete daily required tasks in any pharmacy environment.
It is a FREE 16-week Pharmacy Technician level II training that will prepare you for national certification. All participants will need to agree to a pre-training drug test (including nicotine test) and background check. The $129 exam fee will be included in the training. Classes will meet Monday to Friday from 9AM to 3PM. 120 hours in externship required in order to obtain a voucher for the National Certification Exam.
Assessment: TABE test will be administered to determine math and reading level; 10th-grade level is required.
- Over 18 years old
- Unemployed or under-employed
- High School Graduate or GED
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Ability to communicate across demographics
- Problem-solving/ critical thinking skills
- Must agree to a Drug and Nicotine test and BCI as part of the recruiting process
- Immunizations must be up to date