Basic Computer Skills Training for Employment Readiness (for Spanish Speaking/Bilingual Individuals)
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting bilingual (Spanish and English) speaking individuals for a course in digital literacy, introducing candidates to introductory computer skills such as navigating the internet, using email, utilizing virtual software such as Zoom, and additional introductory computer skills.
- Start Date: May 17, 2021 - June 28, 2021 (no class May 31, Memorial Day)
- Time: Monday & Wednesday from 10am-12pm OR 4pm-6pm
- Duration: 6 Weeks
- Where: Virtual Training
About This Training
Through Skills Academy’s partnership with Providence Public Library, the expert instructor and teaching assistant will facilitate 6-weeks of virtual computer instruction for 2 groups of 12 students max/each. The same class will be taught AM and PM.
Program completion certificates (90% of attendance required), and free Northstar Digital Literacy certificates will be provided for learners as credentials for completed and passed assessments.
The class allows students to develop essential computer skills for training, employment. Basics training modules include:
- Being able to turn on a computer
- Connecting to the Internet (wifi/hotspot)
- Join virtual meetings
- Get your camera and background setup for a virtual meeting
- Use the computer mouse and keyboard.
- Define email and identify common email clients
- Understanding common elements of using the internet/web browsers
- Creating an email account; sending and receiving email; identify spam/junk email
- Understanding “internet etiquette”
- Understand internet privacy and keeping your information safe
- Other optional modules will be made available for students to study at their own pace to earn certificates and credentials.